Monday, April 29, 2013

Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd. Supports Urgent Human Rights Initiative in Bakassi

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - April 29, 2013) Belize: Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd., a Belize International Business Company (IBC) resource development and services company focusing on emerging nations in West Africa, has entered into an agreement with the Government of Southern Cameroons to support its human rights initiative in the oil rich but troubled Bakassi Peninsula where Kilimanjaro Capital holds a 80% stake in the future oil and mineral interests.

The Bakassi Peninsula is claimed by both the Government of Southern Cameroons and The Republic of Cameroun. On April 4th, 2013, the Government of Southern Cameroons declared a State of Emergency in Bakassi after Camerounian gendarmes launched a massive attack on unarmed civilians at the town of Efut Obot Ikot. There were several dozen casualties and over two thousand refugees crossed the border into Nigeria. The Camerounian gendarmes went on a rampage of summary execution, rape, arson, and looting against Southern Cameroonians.

Kilimanjaro Capital is assisting the Government of Southern Cameroons by funding a rapid reaction team to debrief victims who fled to Nigeria and document the atrocities. The Government of Southern Cameroons intends to file war crimes complaints with the International Criminal Court, United Nations and African Union and will seek restitution for the victims.

Kilimanjaro Capital now holds an 80% interest in the future oil and mineral rights in Southern Cameroons. These rights will fully vest when the Government Southern Cameroons is able to fully control its territory. A Canadian company, Forest Gate Energy controls the remaining 20% interest in Southern Cameroons.
Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd.
PO Box 198
35 New Road
Belize City, Belize

For more information on the Government of Southern Cameroons:

Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd.


Post a Comment